Sunday, June 29, 2014

Makeover: Marisa's Hair (Part 2)

I'm grateful for a sibling with long hair for me to dye, curl, style, cut, and enjoy. While I've been moonlighting as my sister's personal stylist for over half of my life, I've only just begun to dip into the world of ombre and highlights. This time around, I challenged myself with multiple colors in an ombre look.


You might remember Marisa from an earlier post back in March. Here, she has her hair stripped of color, resulting in a lighter, warmer color than her natural dark hair. I began with the ombre effect using some hair bleach without adding any extra streaked highlights.

The next step was the hard one: the dye. I used three colors: natural brown, vibrant violet, and aqua blue. I mainly went for an ombre effect, with a couple of steaks here or there to make the wild colors stand out more.


While Marisa had a moment's hesitation to transition from the blonde ombre to the wild colors, it was worth it in the end.




Now Marisa has some wild, amazing colors to match her butterfly personality!


Thank you, Marisa, for volunteering to be my beauty fashion model!

Zanie Black Brass Leaf Filigree Chandelier Turkish Style Dangle Earrings with Black Faceted Glass Beads and Sterling Silver Cone Accent

If you're interested in gorgeous jewelry, check out Marisa's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment