Friday, March 14, 2014

Makeover: Marisa's Hair

I'm gonna deviate from my usual product reviews to talk about something a little more personal.

I've been giving my friends and family make-overs for pretty much my entire life. My sister now looks to me as her #1 hair dresser. I want to share some before and after photos of how I recently cut and styled her hair.
(Note: It was fairly late at night with a bit of a time constraint, so we only did a haircut and quick style, no make-up or hairdye this time around.)

As you can see, Marisa's hair is fairly long and naturally curly, and, while it maintains some shine, it appears to be a little frizzy.
I trimmed the ends, added a little Pantene Pro-V Ultimate 10 BB Creme, flat-ironed, and shaped some quick curls with a thick-barrel curling iron. Though we lose some of the natural wild curls, we gain a relaxed, sophisticated look.


I love to add shorter layers to the front to help frame Marisa's glowing face.


"I look like a completely different person!" exclaimed a delighted Marisa when she looked at her new 'do in the mirror.

I've seen hair stylists do icky things to curly hair, especially adding loads of gel and/or hairspray to make curls crunchy and untouchable, and I appreciate having a sibling with long hair to practice (self-taught, amateur, unprofessional) hair artistry.

Many thanks to Marisa for volunteering to contribute to my blog!

http://obilu.blogspot.com/

If you're interested in gorgeous jewelry, check out Marisa's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment