Saturday, April 26, 2014

Kat Von D: Immortal Lash 24 Hour Mascara

So this mascara just came out: Kat Von D Immortal Lash 24 Hour Mascara.

This is probably the blackest black mascara I've ever used.

Wand:
The brush is rather long and curved, and I found it to bend fairly easily during application. Especially with long, thorn-like bristles, it was a little scary during my first use. I didn't find the length or the curve of the brush to be particularly necessary. However, the tip has a rounded concentrate of bristles that are very helpful in defining corner lashes.

Color Payoff:
The color is truly a nice deep black, fantastic with even black liquid liners.

Formula:
I really like this formula. The product sets quickly and I didn't find it noticeably clumpy on the brush. It really lasts all day without smudging or flaking, which is amazing considering the intensity of the color. (My under-eyes love to collect any flecks or smudges of dark eye makeup, so it's outstanding to find a mascara that doesn't contribute to that kind of mess!) This is not one of those mascaras that adds liquid nylon extensions, but it does thicken lashes without coating them to the point of feeling heavy or clumpy; just lovely and defined.

Price:
$20

Verdict:
Regardless of the price, I'd still recommend this mascara amongst my top five. If you can get used to that large, curved brush, it's worth it for rich, defined black-as-night lashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment