Friday, April 11, 2014

Colorful Eyeshadow: Blue & Yellow

Normally for work, I'm fairly straight-forward and basic with eye make-up. However, I had a stroke of inspiration this week to play with color.
 
 I started with some Urban Decay Primer..
 ... which, if you don't own it, it's the difference between eyelid creases and staying power. This primer is a must-have.

Next, I lined my eyes with a dark teal pencil shadow, in this case, Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow in 8E, a delicious dark teal.
After a bit of blending, I layered on some eyeshadow-- in this case, Sephora + Pantone Universe Shades of Nature palette.

A bright yellow towards my tear ducts, an emerald color on my outer lid, and some light teal to blend between. The contour on my crease was the last eyeshadow step-- a dark teal somewhat similar to that first Aqua Shadow liner.
After the eye shadows, I added a bit of sparkle to my lower lashline with my shiny Sephora Waterproof Eyeliner in blue.

 Finally, I used two mascaras..




-- Almay Intense I-Color Volumizing Mascara in plum for my top lashes, and BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara in aqua blast for my lower lashes.


And voila! A fun, colorful look!

No comments:

Post a Comment